If you’re looking for a ring that can pass off as diamonds minus the expensive price tag, then you should get Moissanite rings at Moi Moi Fine Jewellery. A leading provider of fine jewellery – premade or custom designed, Moi Moi will never disappoint where wedding bands, engagement rings, and the like are concerned.
Why go for moissanite when diamond is beyond your reach?
Aside from the fact that it is more affordable, there are features far better on a moissanite than on a diamond. So this gives you a great alternative when it comes to ring choices.
Diamonds vs. Moissanite
- It is mostly laboratory created because of the incredible rarity of the natural variety.
- At 9.25 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness, it is harder than any other gemstones, making it an excellent second choice. Ruby and Sapphire scored 9, while Emerald scored 7.5.
- It exhibits a kind of brilliance that is much different than diamond because of its unique faceting pattern. It flashes a fiery, rainbow of colours that many people love.
- Although dubbed as colourless, it projects a yellow or greyish hue, depending on the light. The bigger the stone the more noticeable its colour.
- It is a naturally occurring gemstone, but can be made from a laboratory as well.
- On the Mohs Scale of Hardness, diamond scored 10 while Moissanite scored 9.25. This makes the precious stone more durable and less prone to scratching.
- It is known for its famous sparkle that is made up of 3 different light reflections – brilliance, which is white light reflected back; dispersion, which are rainbow colours refracted through, and scintillation, which is the sparkle on the diamond’s surface.
- It is the epitome of colourless, featuring a dazzling, bright white appearance without any traces of brown, grey, or yellow. Moi Moi Fine Jewellery
Let’s talk price
How much would it set you back to buy Moissanite Rings at Moi Moi Fine Jewellery?
Not a lot.
Moissanite only costs a fraction of a diamond. Given its brilliance and hardness, it makes a suitable replacement if you are on a budget. If you choose those that are coloured, you will be able to save more as well.
To give you a good idea of the price difference between the two gemstones, a round diamond at 0.5 carat costs more than $1,000. But a coloured Moissanite with the same carat size costs less than $100, near-colourless at less than $200, and colourless at less than $300.
Before you think it is too inexpensive, you should know that the prices are on the stones alone. When set on a ring, the figures could increase.
Take, for instance, Alexa, one of the Moissanite Rings at Moi Moi Fine Jewellery. It is a 4-prong trilogy SUPERNOVA Moissanite that is cut like an Emerald with a total carat size of 1.74.
And this could change, depending on whether you choose an 18K Gold or Platinum band.
With a gemstone that is similar to diamond in appearance, your wedding ring can be fancy and fabulous without breaking the bank.